“Here’s the not-so-sweet truth: Sugar is the “new” fat.
Despite 40 years of thinking that excess fat caused disease and obesity, it turns out that sugar (especially the kind hidden in processed foods) is what makes us sick and overweight. The average American consumes about 152 pounds of sugar a year. That’s roughly 22 teaspoons every day for every person in America. And our kids consume about 34 teaspoons every day (more than two 20-ounce sodas!) making nearly one in four teenagers pre-diabetic or diabetic. It. Has. To. Stop.” Mark Hyman MD
Join Mary Moskowitz, MS, Certified Health Coach and Laura Manuel, Board Certified Behavior Analyst from the Integrative Health Center of Maine, to get the professional and group support you need to kick your sugar addiction once and for all.
This four-week group program will give you the foundation to learn how to get off the sugar and simple carbs that are slowly ruining your health and increasing your girth.
This program is ideal for you if:
• You feel out of control when it comes to sugar and quickie carbs
• You experience mood and energy swings
• You want to lose weight
• You are experiencing insomnia or sleep difficulties
As part of this program you will:
• Begin to understand the health ramifications of a high glycemic diet
• Explore foods and recipes that will support detoxification and weight loss
• Deconstruct your cravings and begin to understand the connection between what you eat and how you feel
• Discover new ways of finding sweetness in your life in non-food ways
• Recognize the relationship between your environment and your behavior
• Reshape your behavior and the actions you take in everyday life
• Formulate an effective and sustainable action plan
• Wednesdays May 6, 13, 20, 27 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
• Integrative Health Center of Maine (222 Auburn Street, Portland, ME 04101)
• Cost- $145 for all four weeks! (a $300 value)
REGISTER: Laura Manuel email@example.com or call 207-200-6155 *** Register early-space is limited!